Once again, STAXI raises the bar with increased safety benefits
TORONTO and LONDON – 8 February 2010 – Toronto-based STAXI, the world’s leading developer, and manufacturer of nestable transportation chairs, today announced that it has introduced a new paediatric seatbelt to secure children in place better when riding on the STAXI – the safest transportation chair available today.
STAXI Head of Marketing, David Gallant, said: “The STAXI Paediatric Seat Belt offers added passenger security and it adjusts easily to fit a range of young passenger sizes. This new safety accessory from STAXI is user and child friendly.”
The STAXI Paediatric Seatbelt easily installs within minutes using a simple strap-wrapping approach that incorporates the existing passenger seatbelt. This follows STAXI’s ethos, The STAXI Paediatric Seatbelt is easy to fit, simple to use the existing seatbelt as part of this comfortable harness for children.
The STAXI is established globally – in use for more than 15 years. Moreover, the STAXI nestable transportation chairs are used successfully and widely in the USA’s busiest airports, most prestigious hospitals, and large healthcare systems. It is the accepted leader in the field of innovative mobility assistance.
According to David Gallant, STAXI advantages include being:
- The safest chair – comfortable for passengers of all ages and sizes, especially with the new paediatric seatbelt; STAXI has an automatic braking system (ABS) to prevent injury
- Easy to find – spaces saving design – requires 1/3 space of wheelchairs; and, can be set up as a coin-operated service
- Simple to use – ergonomic and highly manoeuvrable – easier to push than regular wheelchairs, passenger transfer made easy and significantly reduces strain and injury to passenger and attendant
- Built to last – Low-maintenance requirement means a high return on investment; and, the comfortable, rugged design provides longer life than normal wheelchairs
- Hard to Steal – theft resistant, no removable parts; and, has ample inbuilt storage – 2.5 cubic ft (70 litres) of under-seat cargo space
“STAXI makes good business sense too, in an era when managers need to make a sound financial case for every dollar, euro, or pound they spend. If something can pay for itself overtime, such as STAXI, then all the better for them in the long run,” said David Gallant.
– Ends –
STAXI is a patented, revolutionary transport chair, developed in 1985 by Andrew J Hart in conjunction with Centre for Studies in Aging, Sunnybrook & Women’s College Health Sciences (Toronto), initially as a patient transportation solution. STAXI is the leading wheelchair alternative and the best-selling, nestable transport chair in North America.
STAXI provides safe and comfortable temporary transportation for people who would have difficulty walking any considerable distances due to disability, illness or injury. STAXI is ergonomically designed to reduce physical strain and burden for the user.
The award-winning STAXI transport chair is built specifically for large, busy facilities such as airports, hospitals and sporting/entertainment venues. STAXI customers include top hospitals and major airlines and airports in the USA, UK and Europe.
STAXI can instantly replace 90 per cent of wheelchairs today. Moreover, STAXI has the best low-maintenance record for any mobility solution, backed with a three-year unlimited parts warranty. STAXI is difficult to steal by virtue of its nestable design. Hence, STAXI pays for itself over the long life of the transport chair.
• Receiving Tweets from STAXI1 on Twitter
• Making STAXI your friend on Facebook – STAXI
• Sharing ideas with STAXI and Hospital managers on Linked-In discussion groups
# # #
North America, UK & Continental
Europe: + 49 243 4297 2283